“Jersey Boys” cast and crew wishing their across the street neighbors good luck on Tony night!
“All the Way” represented at Broadway’s biggest awards show, bringing the Tonys for Best Play and Best Performance by an Actor home to 52nd Street. Our Backstage Baker was at Radio City in his tux to enjoy the show and party until dawn. (Okay, maybe not exactly dawn, but there was some party hopping happening!)
And on post-Tony Tuesday, James brought in a celebratory batch of decadent “All the (Milky) Way Cheesecake Brownies.” Enjoy!
All The (Milky) Way Cheesecake Brownies
1 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
4 large eggs at room temperature
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
16 oz cream cheese, softened (2 packs)
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 bag chopped Milky Way Simply Caramel Bites (these are great because you don’t have to unwrap the individual candies.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom and sides of a 9/13 pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease the paper.
1. With a mixer combine melted butter with sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. Add the cocoa and mix well. Then add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until just combined, do not over mix.
2. Set aside one cup of the brownie batter and smooth the rest into the 9×13 prepared pan
3. With your mixer (cleaned off), begin making your cheesecake layer by beating cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
4. Add the vanilla and then the eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
5. Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie mixture and using a spatula, smooth it evenly over the brownie batter.
6. Sprinkle the chopped Milky Way Simple Caramel pieces evenly over cream cheese layer.
7. Using the reserved cup of brownie batter, drop spoonfuls over the top of the candy bar layer, scattering around.
8. Use your spatula or a butter knife to gently swirl the batters. This will combine the cream cheese layer and top brownies layer a bit, which covering the candies in batter. This does not need to be perfect.
9. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares (at least an hour).
I like these cold so I refrigerate after cooled. Any leftovers (if there are any leftovers) should be refrigerated.