Our Backstage Baker is now in San Diego! Just temporarily, though . . .
He closed “The Collaboration” in February, took a quick break, and then jumped right into his new show “Destiny of Desire.” Now, he’s out in San Diego at the Old Globe Theater putting it up there.
“Destiny of Desire” is billed as an “Unapologetic Telenovela in Two Acts.” Directed by Ruben Santiago-Hudson (I show my age by first knowing him as Buddy Bolden in “Jelly’s Last Jam”) and starring an array of Broadway stars (Bianca Marroquin and Mandy Gonzalez among others) you can read more (and get your tickets!) here.
And even though James is thousands of miles away from his kitchen, he was still able to host the first of many Wine and Unwinds with this to-die-for super-simple recipe. (It is gluten free but decidedly not vegan.)
Five Ingredient Flourless Brownie Bites
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate (chopped). More for melting and drizzling if desired.
1/2 cup butter
1 cups sugar
3 large eggs (room temperature)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F
1. Line a 24-count mini muffin tin with liners and grease generously. (NOTE: Don’t think you can just grease the tin. The bites will NOT come out. Follow the directions and use the liners!)
2. In a double boiler (aka a bowl over a pot of boiling water) add the chocolate and butter. Whisk until the chocolate and butter has melted and the mixture is unctuous and smooth.
3. Add the sugar, followed by the eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. Add the cocoa powder and mix until you get a thick brownie batter.
4. Evenly distribute the batter amongst 20-24 of the greased mini muffin tins. I actually got 30. It will depend on the size of your mini tins.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until crackly on top.
6. Let the brownie bites cool in the pan completely before turning them out.
The cast did! 😉
Tagged: Brownies, Chocolate, Gluten-free
Leave a Reply