Because theater happens at night, dinner is often a catch as catch can sort of meal for those that work backstage. Maybe you bring a sandwich in and eat it in your dressing room. Maybe you order out and have something delivered to the stage door. Our Backstage Baker, however, plans ahead and makes scrumptious meals he can enjoy for days. Check out this recipe below!
Slow-cooked Coconut Curry Chicken
2 lb Skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1″ pieces
6 cups Chopped Carrots
4 cups Coarsely Chopped Onions
12 cloves Garlic, minced
2 Tbsp Grated Fresh Ginger
2◊ 14∏ oz cans Reduced-sodium Chicken Broth
1 can Coconut Milk
2 Tbsp Curry Powder
1 tsp Salt
∏ cup Snipped Fresh Cilantro
2 Tbsp Lime Juice
1. Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat; add chicken. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until light brown. Drain off fat.
2. In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker layer carrots, chicken, onions, garlic, and ginger.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together broth, coconut milk, curry powder, and salt. Pour over the mixture in cooker.
4. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
5. To serve, stir in cilantro and lime juice. Sprinkle with coconut.
Leave a Reply